I found among my favorite scoop of beautiful zucchini flowers, I fried the same day in tempura.
The tempura is a Japanese recipe. This batter is very light and is ideal for frying vegetables cut into thin strips (eggplant, zucchini, sweet potatoes) or seafood such as oysters, shrimp or squid.
The secret of a good tempura is the use of chilled water sparkling as soda water with added ice.
Also, do not overwork the dough, it should stay a few lumps on its surface and traces of flour on the edge of the bowl. You can add sesame seeds in the dough.
Preparation time : 10 minutes cooking time : 1 minute
- Zucchini Flowers: 16 pieces
- Flour: 75 g (type 55)
- Mayzena: 75 g
- sparkling ice water (or soda water): 17 cl
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Ice 3
- Frying oil: 75 cl
- Heat your oil to a temperature of 180 ° C.
- Meanwhile, pour the flour into a bowl with Mayzena and a pinch of salt and soda water, stirring all your preparation.
- Add a little more water than expected if the batter seems too thick
- Dip the zucchini flowers one by one in this preparation, then in the frying oil, about a minute (you have a slight coloring).
- Place the pieces on paper towels and serve immediately.